From MC Public Wiki
Revision as of 03:42, 1 February 2011 by MBoffin
A log of all in-game rule and technical changes made to the Reddit Minecraft servers. This is intended to make it easier to keep the entire staff up to date with the servers.
- GENERAL: Investigation into the non-functional logs
- SURVIVAL: Removed the PvE city
- SURVIVAL: New rules enacted, creeper-free & sanctuary for groups of 20+ users. Hostile takeover rule scrapped due to unpopularity and difficulty to work with.
- SURVIVAL: Protections discussion to be finalised tomorrow.
- SURVIVAL: Possible removal of login protection in future, giving unfair advantage to those who disconnect in combat.
- PVE: Some discussion on PvP arenas. Will be technically possible with the switch to hey0 and cuboid.
- PVE: Decision made to switch over to hey0 from Bukkit. Stability issues with Bukkit, if hey0 is being updated again our old reliable configuration can be used.
- CREATIVE: Changed warps.txt to remove fail warps also made it unwritable to the plugin.
- CREATIVE: Chat pulled from in-game and sent to an IRC channel at #rpubc on irc.freenode.net
- SURVIVAL: Death messages enabled
- SURVIVAL: Some discussion on rules: PvE areas & protection.
- Get rid of hostile takeover rule
- Leaning towards removal of all PvE areas, in favour of granting creeper & sanctuary protection to groups of 20+ unique users.
- Discussion of protection merits - rare material protection, and the risk of creating safe areas due to users blocking their doors - unresolved