PVE Future Planning
With each reset of the server, we find new things to refine about how the server is run. The purpose of this page is to collect together all the ideas and issues that come up during the current PVE map in preparation for the next map.
Sign your comments with
- More ore! The settings MBoffin created that were intended for the current map are actually quite nice to have, but alas the settings were changed back to default settings.
- Ban automated cactus farms. Cactus grow at a fast rate already and the drops lag the server. They're a luxury that need not exist. Travismaybe 12:09, 23 March 2011 (CDT)
- Also put in a requirement that mobtowers have an off switch. Just a general "don't leave shit all over the ground" rule. Schererererer 14:58, 23 March 2011 (CDT)
- Turn off Creeper spawning. Instead, spawn a Creeper somewhere in the world every time a player dies.
- Let some folk who are interested in creating a new Creeperville know of the location of a Creeper Spawning Block, so they can build a temple around it. 126.96.36.199 13:19, 23 March 2011 (CDT)
- I'd like to have a single grand city to unify our community and ethos. Something far enough from spawn to evade mass griefing, yet close enough for easy transportation to and fro. One thing that some have expressed interest in is the idea of a homeowners' agreement to prevent the construction of cobble blocks or monoliths. My new suggestion is this with a twist; th city would be divided into districts with architectural themes, ie. residential or financial or monumental, with a well orchestrated city plan. Everything would be planned out before building, and would be like a true city. Those who want nothing to do with this affront to their freedoms can build elsewhere on the map; those who want the social contact of the city but none of the 'hassle' of HOA can live on the outskirts. Honestly, I think this could be handled rationally and well. 15:08, 23 March 2011 (CDT)
- I would be all for doing this. I have been looking for a big project to work on. Eric922
I want to see some cool spawn ideas for future maps! (Not just for the next map, but any future maps.)
- A crashed spaceship in a crater. This would give kind of a cool backstory feel to PVE. :) MBoffin 16:56, 23 March 2011 (CDT)