|Current Map Revision: 1 ?|
Please see Skyblock claims
Originally created for the 2020 Fundraiser. It now continues... Will it stick around...?
For those who have never played Skyblock, this game mode involves starting out on a tiny island, with a very limited amount of materials. You begin by making cobblestone to grow your island, and then farm all sorts of plants and mobs. More blocks and items can be traded for at Spawn - The NutriChew™ Company offers a wide selection, and will happily pay you for most types of farmed goods. Can you work your way up from nothing to a flourishing paradise?
Claiming an Island
When you first join the server, you'll be placed on Spawn Island, which contains a Trading Hall, a set of Warp Signs, and several minigame arenas. To begin your Skyblock adventure, head North through the trading hall tree and out the back door. There, you'll find 10 colored walls full of signs. Each sign, when clicked, takes you to an island.
- To begin building, pick any unclaimed warp sign and right click it to warp to an island. Once on the island, type /nerdplot claim.
- The placement of the signs on the wall does NOT match up with the location of the plots in the world. Two signs that are next to each other on the wall can lead to islands that are dozens of plots apart. This is to ensure that players don't snap up the plots next to spawn straight away, so that everyone gets an equal chance.
- Admins will frequently update the names on these warp signs, but to help you avoid getting lost, please remember the Block that your warp sign is in. Most blocks are different colors, and all have a letter on the very top ranging from A to J.
- If the plot you warped to is already claimed, just click the island's sign to warp back to Spawn and try a different warp sign.
- Once you claim the island, you'll have access to the starting items in the chest: a spare oak sapling, a wooden axe and pickaxe, some bonemeal, and a full stack of NutriChew™: so tasty it hurts!
- Group islands are allowed! As the owner of your island, you can add other members to your plot; simply type /rg i to find out your region name, then /rg addmember skyblock_0### username. (Replace the word 'username' with the player's name, and the ### with your plot number.) You can only be the owner of one island, but you can be a member of as many islands as you want.
- Your island comes pre-loaded with a single tree, water block, lava block (It's at a y-level of 60; be careful not to fall in!), and a poppy. It also contains a warp back to the Spawn Trading Hall, as well as some stone, grass blocks, and even 8 iron ore! You'll have to dig a bit to find them, so be careful!
- If you do fall into the void, don't worry! Your progress won't be wasted. All players who fall into the void are warped back onto spawn island with their items intact. We can't guarantee how high above spawn you'll be, however............
- However, any items that fall into the void that AREN'T in your inventory will be lost. Be careful when dropping items or breaking blocks!
- Your island is in a 384x384 region. You may expand to fill this entire region if you like, or stick with an isolated island. The choice is yours!
- This means that two neighboring plots have the ability to connect to each other, via bridges or more, if both plot owners agree.
- Once you've found enough iron to make a bucket or two, and you've found your water and lava blocks, it's time to start printing money! Cobblestone isn't just a handy building material, it's the basic unit of currency for this event; you can use it (and its more valuable forms) to purchase just about anything that's available at the Spawn Trading Hall.
- This guide has some ideas for a cobblestone generator, but feel free to make your own! Extra lava and water buckets are buyable at spawn.
- There are higher levels of currency used to buy more expensive items, all available at the Currency Exchanger in Spawn:
- 64 cobble can be traded for a "Refined Cobble" (RC for short) - most items that you sell at spawn are worth at least this much, to save on constant currency exchanging.
- 64 Refined Cobble can be traded for a "Concentrated Cobble" (CC for short)- used to purchase the most expensive items!
- 64 Concentrated Cobble will get you a "Polished Cobble" (PC for short) - For obsessive money-hoarders only! This is just a token of wealth, it can't actually be traded for anything except 64 CC again.
If a life of cobble farming isn't for you, never fear! There are three traders in Spawn who will buy your farmed goods in exchange for currency. Once you've farmed enough cobblestone to afford some basic blocks, you can head to the spawn traders and pick up some dirt and seeds. After a spot of farming, you can sell your cooked meat, prepared food (e.g. cakes, stews, pies), and even mob drops!
- For an early start on farming, you can also bonemeal the grass on your starting island to get some wheat seeds.
- Passive mobs can spawn on grass during the daytime, so with enough dirt for your starting grass to spread on, you can make some nice pastures to attract the cows (and sheep, pigs, chickens, horses, etc).
- If you're having trouble finding some farm animals, some passive mob spawn eggs are available at the Trading Hall.
- Beehives have a small chance of generating if you bonemeal an Oak or Birch sapling that is within 2 blocks of a flower.
- Fishing is a cheap source of food and the occasional treasure.
- Just like in vanilla Minecraft, hostile mobs can spawn anywhere with a low light level. Since you start with a very limited amount of land, you can use a Darkroom grinder to generate a good amount of mobs! Any enclosed box will work, but this guide gives some helpful tips:Link A good grinder is recommended, because many mob drops can be sold at spawn for serious currency!
- Hostile Mobs also have a small chance of dropping ores! Iron, Coal, Redstone, Lapis, Gold, Emerald, and even Diamond ores can be obtained, along with a few extras available from Nether mobs.
There are 16 trading stalls inside the Trading Hall tree at spawn, although the best items won't be available for purchase right away. As the event goes on, more traders will arrive, offering goods ranging from flowers, passive mob eggs, enchanted books, and more! A full chart of available trades is posted at this link, but rest assured that the overwhelming majority of vanilla blocks/items from 1.15.2 are available in one form or another, either from Spawn Traders, mob drops, or crafting from raw materials.
- At the beginning, the most important set of stalls are those in the NW and NE corner. The NW stall (red and orange) is where you buy the basic starting materials, and the NE stall (green and cyan) is where you sell all of your farmed goodies.
- The Nether will unlock early in the weekend, but watch your step - it's a long way down!
- To access the nether from your plot, you must first build an obsidian portal of standard size.
- We will only light portals that have an opening 4 blocks tall and 3 blocks wide or smaller, and the portal must be within 16 blocks of your starting bedrock block.
- Once the obsidian frame is built, simply stand near it and type /modreq light my portal please. An Admin will come along and light it at the soonest available opportunity.
- They will also grant you access to your Nether plot, which will have the same plot number as your overworld plot.
- Only the plot owner(s) can request portal lighting!
- WARNING: your Nether plot has no blocks aside from the portal! When you first travel to the nether, bring some blocks with you!
- At first, There are no nether islands aside from a small exit island at 0,0. This is where you will appear if you fall into the Nether void.
- Each Nether plot is 48x48 blocks, with the portal roughly in the center.
- Nether Mobs will spawn frequently (including Wither Skeletons). Like the Overworld mobs, they have a small chance of dropping ores - even Glowstone Blocks and Quartz!
| Hey you!
This article needs more information, more images, or more of everything.
You can help by expanding it.